Friday, April 12, 2013

20 Reasons is Only the Beginning

20 Reasons I Am Glad I Am A Mom

1. Kisses for no reason.
2. "Cheeeeeessse!"
3. That smile when I come home.
4. His heart against mine.
5. Tiny toes and fingers.
6. Showing me those tiny toes and fingers.
7. The way he kisses the cat.
8. Watching out the window for daddy.
9. When he takes my hand, just because he wants to.
10. His hair right after a bath.
11. The way he makes strangers smile.
12. The way he inspires strangers to be kind.
13. Trucks on my couch and in my boots.
14. Little orange fish watering cans.
15. When he crawls into my lap with a book.
15. Babybuns.
16. His laugh.
17. That cheeky grin.
18. When he hugs or tickles his friends.
19. How he pats his uncle every time he sees him hello.
20. Crazy baby.

Why? Because I snuggled my sweet, silly boy and tucked him in for the night then read another blog by a mom who lost her son today and my heart broke.

Because I read an article about a woman who regrets her kids, and said so in a forum that will come back to them someday.

Because no matter how sad I feel, how frustrated or helpless, I love my son with every bit of my heart.
He is magic in my life that did not exist before him, and I am lucky and grateful, every day, no matter what challenges may arise, to be his mother.

And I just needed to say so.

No comments:

Post a Comment